Wednesday, October 19, 2011



Daughter of Smoke & Bone by Laini Taylor
*****
"I hope, child, but I don't wish. There's a difference. She turned this over in her mind, thinking that if she could come up with the difference, it might impress him. Something occurred to her, and she struggled to put it into words. Because hope comes from in you, and wishes are just magic. Wishes are false. Hope is true. Hope makes its own magic." Magical, is Laini Taylor and this beautiful story. The prose in this story were just wonderful, she is so talented. The story its self was brilliant, it has everything, mystery, adventure, fantasy, angels, and other worldly creatures, and an amazing romance. I think if you like any or all of these things coupled with Laini's beautiful writing style, you will hopefully love this story as much as I did. This story was intricate in its telling, the relationships were all well developed and interesting. For me the story was not lacking in any manner. Mrs. Taylor had me with, "Once upon a time, an angel and a devil fell in love. It did not end well."
I know I did not go into much detail, but this is one book that I just don't want to give one morsel of information away. I will let you discover it and enjoy it all on your own. I want to say more... but I will contain myself. Hopefully we can chat after you have read it! I am greatly anticipating the second book, and it can not be released soon enough.


mild language
clean romance does have moments of nakedness do to art, intimate scenes with no detail

No comments:

Post a Comment