Wednesday, November 23, 2011



Legacy by Cayla Kluver
***** I would give it 10 stars! This is my all time favorite book!


WOW! This book was amazing! I loved everything about it, the characters were well developed, the storyline was intriguing, the romance was great, descriptions of surroundings were wonderful. It was the perfect book for me. I love fairy tales and fantasy books and this just became my favorite. I am trying to think were to begin it was all so good,and I don't want to give anything away. Princess Alera of Hytanica Kingdom is coming of age to marry. Her father is ready to relinquish his title to whom ever Alera marries. However who ever Alera chooses to marry must be approved by her father, and their is thus far only one man that he feels can take his place, Steldor. Steldor is handsome and full of chivalry but.... he is also full of himself and rightly so. Steldor is amazing he is the best of the best. Best Knight, best in his class,he is charming, all the women adore him, and he drives Alera crazy with his arrogance. Then enters Narian a handsome and mysteries young man. He has arrived from a rival kingdom, many questions are raised about him, is he a threat, why is he their, what does he want? On top of all of this there are secrets of ancient origins that threaten to tear Hytanica apart and bring her to war. This book is a wonderful romantic, intriguing, adventures, mysterious gem of a book.

I loved Alera, she was the perfect 17 year old, she was strong, witty, knew what she wanted but wasn't sure how to get it. I liked this aspect of Alera, to often books of this kind the lead woman character is so strong and things just happen because they can. With Alera we see her coming of age and trying to over come some of her immaturity, and naivety. Her father is king and she shows him the respect he deserves, even when she doesn't want too. At times this frustrated me, but if I looked at it from a 17 year old living in her time period, it was very real her emotions and reactions. I really appreciated that Ms. Kluver kept Alera true to who she was. Alera wasn't wimpy she stood up to her father and others, but she was respectful of protocol,and her kingdom. Steldor is gorgeous and swoon worthy, and utterly irritating. Yet at the same time he does try to be good to Alera and win her over. so I do have respect for the guy. I developed a love hate relationship with Steldor. Narian is handsome to but not quite as much as Steldor. He is smart and witty full of chivalry and good to Alera. Another of my favorite characters was London, he is Alera's bodyguard and he is tuff, sensitive, and just amazing with Alera, he was one of my favorites. There are many other wonderful characters in this story that I will save for you to explore. The ending of this book was just unbelievable, I am in aw, I don't even know what to say, with out giving to much a way. I am still shaking my head and have re-read the ending over a few times already wow! As you can tell I really loved and enjoyed this book. If you haven't read it go get it! I can hardly wait for book two and three, please hurry and release them!!

Clean language
Clean romance

No comments:

Post a Comment