Saturday, May 26, 2012



The Shapeshifter's Secret by Heather Ostler
*****
Can I just say that was an excellent read. I really, really enjoyed it. I love shapeshifter stories and I would put this one at the top of my list of favorite ones. The story was interesting as well as the characters. The writing was great, I appreciated Mrs. Ostlers attention to detail, as well as the dialogue between her characters. To me this is what really made the book so enjoyable all the great dialogue. I really like this cover to it is very alluring, made me want to find out what was on the inside of it's pages after looking at it and reading the synopsis.
With that said, this is more than just a pretty cover. The story is full of mystery, suspense, and romance. Julia is from New York, and is about to get her whole world rocked, when she discovers her true identity. She is a shapeshifter from another realm, and someone wants her. I really liked Julia she is very down to earth, stubborn, strong willed, good friend, and courageous. Oh my there were several twist and turns in this story, as we try to find out what is going on. I don't want to say to much and ruin the story, so I will be very vague. I really liked that a majority of the story takes place at a special academy. Julia makes some pretty amazing friends that really round out this story and make it so awesome. I really liked Sierra her best friend ,she was Julia's conscience trying to help her make smart choices, she was also really sweet, funny, and competitive her love interest was pretty cool too. Gabe was another he was ultra smart, witty, and had social awkward moments. Caleb was great he was stubborn, smart, would not put up with certain peoples crap or immaturity, he is chivalrous, and stubborn oh ya I said that, sometimes though it made me want to bonk him on the head ( and yell wake up or you are going to regret it, big time!) Terrance is Chivalrous, and sweet, caring and moves fast, maybe a little to fast, but I still liked him. He has some great cat climbing moments. Lancer her dad was one of my favorites he is really strict, but just because he loves Julia and doesn't want her to get hurt. In the beginning I thought he was a little over the top, but once you see how much he loves and cares about her well being, you get it. The romance in this book is great, slow, but not slow for some of the characters. I liked the pace, I liked that there is more than one relationship going on in the story. Now for a personal rant, NO, NO, NO, I want the other guy hehehe. Great story, it just seemed to get better and better with every turn of the page. I didn't want to put it down, and when I did put it down I kept thinking about it. Now that is a mark of a good book. I really hope I do not have to wait a year for the next one please come out soon!

no language
clean, fun romance

Thanks to Netgalley and Cedar Fort Publishing

No comments:

Post a Comment