Thursday, September 29, 2011



Jessica's Guide To Dating On the Dark Side by Beth Fantaskey
*****
I have noticed this book floating around out there amongst book lovers, but for some reason or another it never just reached out and grabbed me, moved me, or spoke to me. Maybe it's the title, not really what it says, but visually a little long (okay so that sounds crazy, but I am very visual). I am soooo glad though that I found this at the 1/2 price book store and gave it a chance. It has become one of my favorite vampire books next to Stephenie Myers "Twilight" series. I loved the dialogue, and emotions that I felt while reading this wonderful story. My heart reacted to the sad and happy times that Jessica and Lucius experienced, and oh how it ached sometimes. To me this was a different take on the vampire story Jessica early on finds out Lucius is a prince vampire and she is a destined to be a princess vampire, how they deal and feel about that knowledge is what makes this story. I loved Lucius, I love that whole old world chivalry, cloths and good manners, which is totally Lucius in a vampire kind of way. A quote or two that I loved provided by Lucius, "Jessica, he said. Allow me to do at least one common courtesy for you. In spite of what women's lib teaches you, chivalry does not imply that women are powerless. On the contrary, chivalry is an admission of women's superiority. An acknowledgment of your power over us." so sweet! I love this quote to by Lucius, "American women. Why do you all want to be nearly invisible? Why not have a physical presence in the world? Women should have curves, not angles. Not points." Is he not the best at wooing a woman. Jessica, is great in this story as well, she is a typical teenager trying to figure out her world, which continues to change and becomes more and more complicated. I liked how Jessica responds to her situations, they seem real and not forced or typical for her age. She is smart, carrying, confused, loving and kind. Never thought I would say this, but wow Lucius makes fangs look sexy lol. Great story I completely enjoyed it and couldn't put it down, flows effortlessly. Enjoy!

Mild language issues
clean romance some sex talk

1 comment: