Thursday, August 18, 2011



Cinders by Michelle Davidson Argyle
*
I do not give one stars lightly, but this was just impossible to get through. Maybe it gets better but I just couldn't stand it any longer. The story in all fairness may have been good, but the execution was sorely lacking. There was no depth to characters, no real world building, I can't say if there was a well done plot or not, because I quit. It felt like reading random nothingness. I was so irritated with a scene on page one about a red powder that she puts on. Then two paragraphs later she is made up again this time by servants and they put on her rouge again (the mysterious red powder). I don't get it, is it the same ball she is getting ready for or a different one? This is not my type of fairy tale. So disappointed!

No comments:

Post a Comment