Thursday, August 18, 2011



Warsworn by Elizabeth Vaughan
****
This is the 2nd book in the Warlands series, and for me it was just about as good as Warprize. I really like the way Mrs. Vaughan can tell a story. I felt like I was right there with the people of the Plains. I enjoyed learning more about the Plains people and their customs. This story picks up were Warprize left off so if you haven't read it read it first. I love how Lara goes after what she wants, and how she does it so gracefully and courageously. I have enjoyed watching Lara and Keir's relationship grow, they have such a gentle and kind relationship, however there are some definite trust and honesty issues that are addressed as this story unfolds. Kier, Lara and his warriors stumble upon a village that they think is being hostile. When come to find out they are all sick and dying from an unknown plague. Lara, in her duty as a healer wants/demands that she helps these people. I have to say what was she thinking?? Plague usually means stay away, chances are you will get it too. Sure enough she and many of The Worriors with Kier end up sick and dieing. This does not set well with these people of the plains they are not use to this unseen enemy known as illness that kills. There are many ramifications for Kier and Lara over this illness that is amongst their people. I loved how it all played out, I love Kier, Lara and many of the other characters in this story. It was completely enjoyable to be back in this world.

no language
not a clean romance just tips over the edge into explicit. Which made me very sad, because the story is really good.
adult read

No comments:

Post a Comment