Friday, June 21, 2013



Damaged by H.M. Ward
***.5-****

Actually 3.5-4 stars

This was actually a cute story with two damaged souls. I liked the whole forbidden fruit if you will Peter ends up being Sydney's Professor at the university and her boss. However they did not know this at the time of there meeting, which ended up being quite the embarrassing moment, and really cute at the same time. They are instantly drawn to the connection that they feel for each other that first night, yet their past seems to still have a hold on them both. Yet they both see that through their connection there might be a chance to heal and move forward. Dealing with university codes and being drawn to each other proves to be overwhelming to them both and makes for waisted time apart. They do find unexpected ways to connect through a swing club that he oversees. Sydney's past comes to the present to haunt her once again, I was so angry for her grr. They both have choices to make, live in the present or the past, I know easier said than done. There are some great humorous moment as well the that had me laughing so hard I was crying. I do look forward to book two, not sure why could not be just one book,hmmmm.
Why the 3.5-stars? Part of the problem was that I came off reading Real which is just amazing. This book was good just not maybe as in depth as the last book.

content: clean read mild language. I don't figure that the next book though will stay clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment