Saturday, July 2, 2011



Boot Camp by Todd Strasser
*****
Okay, this book is intense!!! This story takes you into the mind of a boy named Garrett who is put into a boot camp. Now mind you this is not the nicey, nice camps you see on TV this is hell and I don't say that lightly. His parents sent him their, they sign papers saying staff can use what ever force necessary to modify his behavior. Really are parents that stupid?! The son was wrong in what he did, I wouldn't like it if my child did those things, but I would not send them to a boot camp and let people do what ever to them. Garrett doesn't deserve to be their, he goes through so many trials, and abuse, success and abuse mental, physical and emotional. Unbelievable!! Once I started this story I couldn't put it down read it in one sitting! I was so taken by this story . The writing was engaging and flowed so well. Mr Strasser's end notes talks about these boot camps that are in existence around the world. I Am sure Mr Strasser is hoping this book will educate people into action, and have these places shut down. It is to bad they exist to bad we don't take more responsibility for ourselves weather old or young. Great story that needs to be told!



No language

No comments:

Post a Comment